Saturday, January 24, 2009

I've got some growing up to do!!!

These past few weeks have been extremely frustrating for me. With Jim's travels, this horrible cold I have been fighting, and the demands from work, I have found myself having a bit of a pity party. Thank you God for making me see that it is not all about me. I just wanted to share my daily devotional from Beth Moore's Breaking Free series.

For I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and no one is like Me.
Isaiah 46:9

We make life so much more complicated when we think life is "all about us." The rest of the world never cooperates. No one else got the memo. When we see ourselves as the center of the universe, we live in constant frustration because the rest of creation refuses to revolve around us.

Life vastly simplifies, and satisfaction greatly amplifies, when we begin to realize our awesome roles. God is God. From our perspective, it's all about Him. He is the center of the universe. We seek to please Him. He seeks to perfect us-and life works. Not without pain, but definitely with purpose.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Just stumbled across your blog...i love the "kids with food allergies--recall notice" thingie that you have on your sidebar. WHere did you find that? my son is 14 and has had a severe peanut allergy, pretty much since birth....i would love to offer that on my sidebar also.

Thanks so much,
krista

www.scrapsinbloom.com/blog

Melissa said...

Love your post, you are so right. It's so easy to get caught up and think it's all about you. Thanks for the reminder that it's soooo not about us!

Anonymous said...

Girl you are so right! Thank you for bringing that to my attention as well. The sooner we realize this and turn it all over to him the quicker things tend to fall in place. Hope you feel better:)

Tambrey said...

Girl, you are not the only one who needs to grow up! I deal with this all the time! Thanks for sharing!