Saturday, March 22, 2008

Easter

What a beautiful time of year! Not just because the birds are singing or that the sun is shining later in the day or because flowers are blooming and the grass is beginning to grow............Those are just some of the magnificent things the LORD has given us to enjoy here on earth.

It's most beautiful to me because my LORD and Savior is risen! He is the KING of KINGS, LORD of LORDS and alive to live with me in eternity. WOW!!!!!! Now, that's something beautiful. This time of year is so wonderful because it is a fresh reminder of LIFE, the LIFE the LORD has given us through salvation. What a beautiful gift He has given.

Although, this is a beautiful time in my little world, I have to remember that the days leading to this time were not so precious. I must remind myself what Jesus went through so that I could have life. His time up to His death on the cross was excruciating. He endured so much so I could have life. I like to focus on that time because it is a strong nudge for me to realize nothing I can ever go through will ever be near what He had to endure. And He did it all for me, because He loves me. I don't deserve it, but that is what grace is.................God's grace is a gift we do not deserve. My sinful life could never do anything to earn my salvation, it is just FREE! That's all...........not a single cent or task can earn it. All I had to do was believe............and I was forever changed.

JOHN 3:16 For God so loved the world He sent His one and only son so that whoever believes in Him, will not perish but have eternal life.

from L-R: Natalie(my niece), Audrey, Amy(my sister), Poppy(my dad), me and Kathryn

Happy Easter!

No comments: