Wednesday, March 5, 2008

the list just keeps getting longer....

let's see............i have so many things to do and as soon as i check one off of my 'to do' list, 2-3 things more jump on there. i started Beth Moore's "The Patriarchs" bible study yesterday. AND WOW!!! I'm overwhelmed with what God wants to share with me!!!! How blessed are we that He has given us a guide that will direct our lives if we will allow it to. God uses Beth Moore in so many ways to move, motivate and encourage me. You know what else is so awesome, she gives HIM all the glory! If you've never read one of her books or done one of her studies, I highly encourage you to. You will be overcome with excitement and a yearning to fill your soul, spirit, bones, mind and heart with the word of God and even more eager to live in it. :)

Yes, my list is getting longer, but I will not be discouraged. I get very overwhelmed with all the things I have to do and spend so much time doing alone. With 3 kids and a husband that travels the devil certainly knows where I am weakest and he will attack me at any chance he gets. The devil doesn't just attack in the areas we expect it, drugs, alcohol, eating, spending money, etc. he attacks in ways we least expect it. So, be aware of the areas in your life he can get you and tell him to GET OUT! The LORD will arm you with power you never knew you had. :) AMEN!!! :)

Jim is doing great! He's on his 3rd radio tour since January and his schedule is filling up nicely. I believe his song is at #13 this week. Glory be to God-it's all HIM! If you have not heard Jim's music please check here.

Audrey and I came down with tonsilitis, Kathryn with RSV after a LONG LONG week of Jim being sick. He ran fever for 7 days and had a horrible cough, flu test returned negative. Not sure what it was, but it was dreadful. Needless to say, we've had some sickness around here. Hopefully, with brighter sunny days and Spring just ahead we can say goodbye to colds.

I'm working hard to get us back in normal routine and it's a challenge. As a mom to 3, one of which is 5 months, I can't seem to get my TO DO LIST done. What is up with that? I write it out and it takes days to check off one or two items. I feel like my house stays a wreck and all I do is wash clothes. And as for cleaning up, well..............that is everyday all day long. But, I know this time will pass shortly and all I will have is time on my hands and I will miss the days of running around like a chicken with my head cut off. Days of baking cupcakes at the last minute for school or church, filling Easter Eggs to take for the Church Egg Hunt(moments before we go), signing notes and making sure payment for yearbook and field trips are turned in on time. Making sure I went over Audrey's homework with her before it's due the next day. Planning family night to work in while Jim is home. Wow!!! I could go on and on.................but, like I said I know I will miss the hustle and bustle of this busy life with kids soon enough. :) I hope you are having better luck than me with your TO DO lists. Let the little stuff go and check off what's most important! Take the time your kids need from you and don't sweat the other stuff. It's hard to keep in perspective, but we must remind each other the importance of our children's needs. We have such a short time to make an impression on them and build a strong christian foundation. That is a huge responsibility, isn't it? SO, I'm reminding myself that no item on my TO DO LIST holds more importance than that. :)

I'll share photos from our Egg Hunt tonight. And I have got to figure out what Audrey is going to where for School Pictures tomorrow, because I just remembered they are tomorrow as I was sitting here babbling. LOL

Have a blessed day! :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

here's a big hug to hold you up Beth! You're doing a wonderful job. God equipped you with everything you need to serve Him and all the others in your life. Sounds like our hubby's had/have the same thing. My hubby's been sick the last 3 days with fever/cough and he's miserable!
You are doing a great job, hang in there and keep your eyes on Him!

Hugs,
Amy

Anonymous said...

Lynn and I (Mammaw) have slipped away from the mob and want you to know we miss you and Kathryn but have the sweetest peace knowing you have this quiet time with your littlest one. Beth, you and Jim have done such a great job with the little ones --God surely is using both of you in this very very important role of parenting. They are so sweet and well adjusted. Lynn sends her love she has gone to help Jim get kiddos bathed and into pj's. Susie and Lynn harmonized singing 'Since Jesus came into my heart" all for our Audrey. What a special Easter for all of you..we join with the angels in heaven rejoicing for her precious young life. May they attend her way and the paths of each of you. Bunches of love.