Saturday, November 1, 2008

Frenzy of Festivities This Week(well 2 weeks ago)

I started this post 2 weeks ago and well, here it finally is.


This was one busy week! It was Red Ribbon Week at school, so we had several fun days planned at school. It started with soldiers against drugs (camo day), we had sock it to drugs day(crazy socks) and drugs are scary (scary hair day). The kids and I carved a pumpkin on Sunday, because I was carving two on Monday with with my classes and I needed a little practice. They had a ball! We had a terrific time at our fall festival at FBC!!! WE love our church and thank you to all the wonderful people who helped make it such a huge success. Thanks to Brian Brooks, our youth minister, who has taken on so many extra responsibilities, since we do not have a minister or a minister of education. We appreciate you so much!! :) I know that most of what goes on would not take place if it weren't for you and the time you give to our church. Thanks to you and Julie for the time you give to all of us! We had parties at school for Halloween and that was so exciting. The kids were pumped all day long to celebrate that afternoon. We listened to Halloween music all day and my classes wrote some terrific Halloween stories. I was so proud. :) Several families meet at our house for neighborhood trick or treating! We always have such a good time. The kids were having a ball and they were literally racing from house to house. It was wild!!! Kathryn had such a wonderful time watching all the trick or treaters.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your red hair in that picture is cracking me up! That is what I looked like 25 years ago! Thank you for the kind words you said about Brian and I. See you at 5am!

The Terrell's said...

I enjoyed reading your positive words about your friends. I wish there were more people in the world like you and Julie Brooks. Her blog is always positive as well.

Melissa said...

Love the pics!!! That red wig makes you look like Wendy from "Wendy's". Too funny!

Sharon Craig said...

Beth,
As I was reading your blog Reagan walked by and asked what I was reading. The song was playing and Reagan said "Beth should sing, too. She's as good as Jim." He thinks that's you and we're gonna keep it that way.
Love all the pics.
Love ya, mean it!!!
Sharon