Monday, August 11, 2008

Kathryn thoroughly enjoyed all of the attention from the nurses at the surgical center. They couldn't get over all of her rolls. The funny thing is, she is less chubby than Alex and Audrey were. HA!! :) She was a great patient. She actually didn't have much trouble waking up from the anesthesia as I was warned about. She would cry out every now and then, but no screaming or freaking out. So, that was a bit of a relief. However, the day would tell a different story, for me that is. Her fever went up to 104.7, with no other explained symptoms. I've never had that happen with my other two, so I was a bit frazzled. She responded well to tylenol, thankfully and the fever never appeared again. The many mystery fevers that we moms experience with our little tots. Kathryn has a little blanket with a bear on it (in picture below), my dad gave her when she was born. It is her FAVORITE lovey. She sleeps with it and loves on it all day long. It is so precious when you ask her to love the baby, she wraps her arms around it and gives it a big hug and lays her head on it. :) So so sweet! It's so hard to believe that my baby is 10 months old. She weighs 21.5 lb and has 2 teeth.





Audrey and Alex have one more week of summer. I cannot believe that summer is over. I'm a little sad. I know I will miss them tremendously, especially Kathryn. It is going to be very quiet around here. The summer has been way too busy..... much more than I anticipated. I haven't even put my hands on a single stamp all summer. I'm anxious to get in there today. I have some cards I need to make today for some very special people. :) We took the kids to Wild River Country this past Saturday with Aunt Livi. I will post pictures as soon as Aunt Livi emails them to me. (hint hint) Mawsie kept Kathryn so we could devote the whole day to the big kids and do all the slides with them. They had an absolute ball! Alex was in heaven doing every slide there except for the vortex. :) He didn't want to stop. However, he says his favorite ride was the wave pool.

The day is planned around adding things to my ebay store, stamping and getting that dessert up to the junior high. Our church sponsors a back to school lunch for all the teachers their first day back from summer. Guess it's a good day for all these indoor activities since it's raining cats and dogs here!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Aww Beth, Kathryn looks so sweet in her little hospital gown and what is that blond hair all about?? So precious. Sounds like ya'll had a blast at the water park, can't wait to see the pictures! Love u guys.

Kim Chase said...

I just came across your blog and saw the comments about your daughter spiking a fever after having her tubes put in. My daughter had the same thing happen!!! It really freaked me out, but like in your case, the Tylenol made it go away. My daughter got tubes for recurrent ear infections and it was just amazing how much more responsive and talkative she was after getting the tubes in.