Monday, August 18, 2008

Glorify God and Enjoy Him Forever

This was from my morning devotional. I wanted to share this because it reflects a lot of what we have been discussing in our Sunday School class. I'm striving to glorify God in all that I do. It all goes back to the WWJD bracelets......... I am working at asking myself that in every single detail of my life (what would Jesus do? what would He think? am I truly reflecting Him?). It isn't easy, but I have to start somewhere.

http://christianwomentoday.com/

Today's devotional for beth
KNOWING AND ENJOYING GOD
by Katherine Kehler

** Are you enjoying your relationship with God today? http://thelife.com/study/knowjesuspersonally.html

"The people who know their God will be strong and do great exploits" (Daniel 11:32).When the Lord began to open my eyes to the importance of knowing God, I started to study His attributes and names. I learned many great truths about God and was tremendously blessed. One of the things I learned on the way was that according to the Westminster catechism, our main reason for being is to "glorify God and to enjoy Him forever". I didn't know that.

About that time in my spiritual journey, God sent a young man to live with us for several months. He talked a lot about enjoying God. Following his example, I began to make it a habit to enjoy my relationship with God more. I invited Him into every part of my day-not just when I had my quiet time and not just when I had a challenge I needed His help on.

Gradually, I began to change. Instead of my relationship with God consisting of just asking for things, I began to discuss everything with Him. I began thanking Him everywhere ? when I drove the car, when I went for a walk, at work, when I went shopping - anytime, anywhere. Talking to God all day long became a habit-a good habit.

Since then, I have enjoyed my relationship with God so much more.Are you enjoying your relationship with God today?

~Father, what a privilege to know that You delight in our fellowship-which You are actually waiting for us to come to You for. What deep, deep satisfaction You give. Thank you so much for the privilege of knowing You. Teach me to enjoy my friendship with You. Amen

Tambrey Kinley has taken over Mrs. Susan's job as our Sunday School teacher. We are so blessed to have her. I just thought I would include her a little note here. (I hope she reads it) *wink* She has become a very dear friend of mine at a perfect time in my life. Isn't that just like God to have every single detail worked out perfectly. I feel so honored to be her friend and a member of her Sunday School class.

Thank you Tambrey for doing such a beautiful job teaching our Sunday School class. Thank you for taking up that responsibility, you are perfect for the job. You are an amazing woman at such a young age. I hope you know just how much God works through you. Thank you for surrendering yourself to the LORD and so willingly doing His work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Beth! How honored I am to have you in my life!! I read this entry adnd cried! You have no idea how blessed I am to have you in my life! SO THANKFUL for you! You are just the most awesome friend in the world! I am grateful for our friendship. I love you so much! God has brought us together!Thanks for spurring me on to pursue God more closely!!
Tambrey