Friday, August 1, 2008

Tubes on Tuesday, 3 Blessings and 11th Anniversary

When we had Kathryn's ENT consultation, we discovered Kathryn has one ear with a closed eustachian tube and the other one is covered in fluid. So, she is having her procedure on August 5. She will be 10 months old on Monday. I know her world will open up dramatically after her surgery. I specifically remember, at the age of 7, getting in the car after my tubal procedure and hearing the car start for the first time in my life. It was quite a profound moment for my parents and one that would later help me understand for my child the need for tubes. We so take for granted the little sounds that are so important to the language and understanding of a little baby or child. I'm quite excited to see the wonder that will open up for her next week. :)

A couple of weeks ago before church I was attempting to take pictures of my children. Why I would ever try and take on such an arduous task right before church is one I cannot answer? LOL :) I posted this picture of the 3 kiddos, so one might see, just how hard it is to capture a great picture of 3 children. This was the best I could do at that moment. :0









My precious husband of 11 years took me on a wonderful 4 day trip to Dallas. He surprised me with a marvelous stay at the Westin Stonebriar

I haven't been away like this in atleast 8 years. Any other time Jim and I have had away it's always been on business, never pure relaxation with no other obligations. :) Thank you honey for an amazing time. We acted like silly teenagers in love. We ate lots of wonderful food (Mi Cocina, Fireside Pies and Cheesecake Factory) and slept and shopped (a little). I got to spend quality uninterrupted time in the Bible, for me, that was well worth the trip! As a mom it's so hard to fit in my quiet time to it's full potential. Getting that time alone with God means more to me than anything else. Thank you Lord, for blessing Jim and me with a weekend we will always remember. You are so good! :) Thank you Jim for the man you are, one of integrity, honesty, faithfulness, devotion to your family, hardworking, loving and most of all a man of God. I am so blessed to call you my best friend, my husband and the father of my children. I am so proud of you and your ministry. You have a heart for God and that makes me smile. Our children are blessed to have you as a daddy. Happy 11 years and I so look forward to growing old with you and rocking our grandbabies on the front porch together one day. But, for now, I will absorb the moment and be thankful for it.
We went to dinner with our precious Aunt Tosie. She took us to the Bass Pro Shop for a delicious supper, overlooking Lake Ray Hubbard. The food was delicious and the view was marvelous! Lil Bit, her precious baby. was posing uncandidly for the camera. She was more than willing to have her picture taken that night. :) Thank you Aunt Tosie for a wonderful evening, we so enjoyed your company. We miss you!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

U look beautiful and so glad you had a great time! You deserve it!
Tambrey

Melissa McCone said...

Hope everything went well with surgery today!

Sharon Craig said...

I wanna be just like you!!! So positive and happy. God is faithful.
You and Jim look like teenagers. The pics of the children are wonderful. I've enjoyed so much being around them lately. They crack me up.

Sharon

Melissa said...

You look gorgeous, I'm so glad you and Jim had a relaxing weekend in Dallas!! How wonderful to have that time just the two of you. I'm thankful everything went well with Kathryn's procedure, sorry you had to go through the ordeal with her fever, I'm sure it was a little scary! Glad everything is okay now, love you guys!