Wednesday, April 16, 2008

5.

My middle child and only boy turned 5 today. It's funny how we look at things.........Things we want to move slow always go by so fast and things we want to move fast seem to creep. Or is it just me? I guess what I'm trying to say is that my little boy is 5 and the time has gone by so fast. I feel like I just blinked and there he was so grown up. I feel so incredibly blessed to have a little boy and to experience him, I grew up in a house with all girls. So, having a son has added a whole new twist to life. And I love it!!!



I love that Alex

1) could care less if he is covered in dirt from head to toe

2) is not a perfectionist

3) wants to figure out the when, where, why and how of everything

4) has as much energy as the energizer bunny..........he just goes and goes and goes

5) has a heart like a big teddy bear

6) runs in the room and says, "where is baby, i need to kiss her", he finds and kisses her, then goes on about his business

7) wants to know if his video games will be in heaven

8) wanted to know if we would know him in heaven

9) has allowed me to view life differently and appreciate the small things, with his life threatening food allergy

10) loves to color and write his name and adding numbers

11) says free instead of three

12) loves the outdoors and will try anything

13) looks like his daddy

14) when noone is looking he is singing hannah montana or high school musical

15) OH and that he is so rough and tough and ALL boy, but he does not like bugs. LOL



We started his day with homemade waffles, his favorite. I didn't have any candles so we used a match and we sang happy birthday to him this morning. He thought that was pretty special. He chose McDonalds for his birthday supper and we opened gifts this evening, when Jim got home. He was quite thrilled over his Star Wars ships. :) We will celebrate his birthday with friends in a few weeks.



Once I'm healed from my broken foot...........I will be in better condition for planning a birthday party! NO SURGERY! I was so relieved to hear that my recovery would not be quite what I was anticipating. I can actually walk on it, to my tolerance level. I am more comfortable in my own tennis shoes than in that walker boot. :S



Hope everyone is having a fabulous week. Check out Jim's blog if you have a chance. He actually posted about my injury and I really appreciated his view on things. :)

No comments: